In this blog, we’ll take you through the process of creating a WordPress store with WooCommerce. We’ll show you how to install the Woocommerce plugin, configure your settings, add products, payment integration, and many more. If you want to earn money online, then woocommerce is the best choice. If you own a store offline or a shop, then you should create your store online with woocommerce. It will boost your sale and your profit and sales will increase. The process is super simple and easy to do. Just set up the woocommerce store with us and start selling online today.
Even if you are doing it the first time, still installing and configuring WooCommerce properly with our guide will save you from a lot of troubleshooting. It’s definitely going to save a lot of your time. The faster you get all your store’s settings right, the quicker you can promote your products and increase your sales. Just follow our easy tutorial till the end.
There are multiple choices when you are going to open an online store but WordPress is the most widely customizable choice. All customization you can achieve by adding and configuring WooCommerce. Its de facto solution for all the online stores which are being created using WordPress. It provides great features like product management, variable products, cart management, different payment integrations, and many more to achieve your dream store. Definitely, a professional store is going to create more sales for your company.
So. let’s get started.
Getting Started With WooCommerce
Server Requirement For Installing Woocommerce:
Below are the server requirements for installing woocommerce store:
- PHP version: 7.3 or greater needed.
- MySQL version: 5.6 or greater required.
- MariaDB version: 10.0 or greater recommended.
- WordPress memory limit: 128 MB or greater mandatory.
- HTTPS support for secured payment.
Things you Need to Make a WooCommerce Store:
- Domain Name – URL Or name of your WooCommerce store. You will have to get your domain name registered online. You can check the available domain from some online domain checker tools. They are totally free.
- Hosting – A server that will host your site (Hostinger, Godaddy for example). You have to purchase the hosting according to your need and requirements. There are several plans available on different hosting provider sites.
- WooCommerce plugin – It’s a WordPress plugin that will add eCommerce functionality to your WordPress site. The plugin is free of cost, you don’t need to pay a single penny. It is available at the WordPress plugin library, you can download it from there.
We divided this tutorial into 3 steps:
- Installing And Configuration Woocommerce
- Select your Payment Gateway
- Set up your shipping zones
Step 1: Installing And Configuring Woocommerce
If this is your first time Installing Woocommerce, Do not worry we are here to guide you and follow our tutorial 🙂
First of All, log in to your WordPress Dashboard, click on the Plugins tab, and select Add New.
Now On the next screen, type WooCommerce into the search bar. Click on the Install Now button as shown in below:
Now you can click on the Activate button. As soon as this activates, WooCommerce will launch its configuration wizard, which will help you set up your woo-commerce store’s settings.
Follow the instruction to set up your store.
Add your Store Details like Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Country / Region, City, and Postcode, and click on the Continue button.
Now add the Industry Details you want to add according to your requirements and click on the Continue button.
Add your Product type, click on Continue.
Now Add your Business Details and Free Features and click Continue.
Just one last step, Select the theme for your store which you like there are several free themes available, and Click on Continue.
Step 2: Select your Payment Gateway
In this step, We will discuss payment options for your WooCommerce store. Click on the WooCommerce tab which is on the left sidebar and then click on the Payment tab.
Now you can choose which payment methods you want to add. You can add different payment methods such as PayPal, Stripe, credit card, debit card, direct bank transfer, and many more. You can also select the cash on delivery option. It’s totally up to your needs and comfort.
Step 3: Setup your shipping zones
In this step, we’ll be showing you how to set up shipping settings for your woocommerce store. These options will be different depending on your location/Address. Follow the step from the image.
You can add zone names, regions, and shipping methods. For example, you want to add a shipping zone for the United States. You will select all the states from the region dropdown for the united states only like Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Texas, etc. And then you have to add the shipping method and click on the Save button to save the changes. You can also sort and reorder the shipping zones by using the Drag and drop option.
Woocommerce allowed you to add many shipping zones according to your needs and requirements.
You can choose the shipping method which you want to add, there are three methods available:
- Flate rate: this option allows you to add a standard rate per item, shipping class, and per order.
- Free Shipping: you can set free shipping on the minimum order amount, Such as if a customer purchases items of 100$, then the customer will get free shipping over $100. Now $100 is the minimum order amount that you will set. You can set the minimum amount according to your needs. This option will boost your sale.
- Local Pickup: This option is used when customers will pick orders themselves.
After setting and configuring Woocommerce, Follow our tutorial on how to install Astra theme in wordpress.
Now you have good knowledge about what you can offer so read our guide about How to Start Freelancing in 2022 with Easy Steps Guide.
Please share your feedback in the comments. You can also suggest some topics for our upcoming blogs. We would love to hear from you.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for video tutorials.